The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reports that 80 percent of childhood abuse victims later suffer from at least one abuse-induced psychological disorder. It’s proven that the effects of childhood abuse follow women into adulthood. Yet few men are prepared to deal with those effects, even when their own wife is the one who is suffering. And their wife’s suffering becomes their own suffering as their needs aren’t being met by a wife who is powerless to control her inner turmoil.
Author, pastor, and survivor Dawn Scott (Jones) Damon candidly shares her own abuse experience to help husbands understand the varied emotions, fears, distorted thoughts, and triggers that hold their wives captive. In practical and accessible language, Damon explains the stages of the healing journey (processing denial, asking for help, grieving, expressing anger, learning to forgive, and finding resolution). Building on that knowledge, Damon then moves to an honest discussion of what husbands can do to help. Whether it’s creating a healing environment, understanding the need for control, building trust, or even just praying for healing, a husband plays an active role in helping his wife survive and thrive despite her past abuse.
Offering hope for a healthy marriage relationship, When a Woman You Love Was Abused answers the questions men have and offers the advice they need to help their wives finally find peace.
THE GRANDMOTHER’S BIBLE
For many women, being a grandmother is God’s finest gift — they have achieved great depth of experience and breadth of love, and they have grandchildren with whom to share these qualities. The Grandmother’s Bible is the first Bible published for this active, engaged, Bible-reading audience.
Over 60 well-known Christian women — including Ruth Graham, Elisa Morgan, Elizabeth George, Thelma Wells, Karen Kingsbury, Carol Cymbala and Dawn Scott (Jones) Damon — share their thoughts, stories, and encouragement in this Bible’s articles and daily devotionals. With a focus on daily prayer, this uniquely personal Bible offers guidance, inspiration, and practical tools as grandmothers share their love and God’s Word with their grandchildren.
- 365 devotions – readings draw grandmothers closer to their Lord and to their grandchildren.
- Grandchild in Focus – a simple plan to help grandmothers pray regularly for their grandchildren.
- Praying the Scriptures for Your Grandchild – Bible verses in a prayer format.
- Stories to Share – over 150 key Bible stories ideal for sharing specific life lessons.
- Talking Points – a practical guide for using Scripture to discuss over 40 relevant topics, such as salvation, knowing God’s will, friendship, etc.
- Perspectives – original, thought-provoking articles addressing personal aspirations and the joys and challenges of being a grandmother.
- Special sleeve to hold grandchild’s photo.
- Custom presentation pages.
- Two-color design in an easy-to-read type.
- Book introductions, topical index and more.
- Complete New International Version